Your feet are a critical component to the cycling experience. Proper alignment between feet and body is one of the keys to both power and comfort on a bike. Because of the repetitive motion of pedaling, any issues you might have are compounded by the thousands of kilometers you endure, and you can quickly exacerbate poor foot pronation or supination. If not addressed, sub-par foot alignment can increase your risk of injury.
Today’s guest, an expert in this field, is Aaron Anderson, the founder of PTI Orthotics & Foot Resource Lab, and a board-certified pedorthist for over 20 years. In this episode, we break down the different ways that prefabricated, semi-custom, and custom orthotics are constructed; analyze the pros and cons of the different methods used to cast feet and determine orthotic support needs; offer practical tips and advice on how to find the best podiatrist, and discuss how to determine the quality of the orthotics you’re considering.
- Aaron Anderson, PTI Orthotics and Foot Resource Lab : https://ptiorthotics.com/
- Dr .Kevin Kirby : kirbypodiatry.com
- Robert Donatelli Book: Biomechanics of the Foot and Ankle
- Prolotherapy: Mayo Clinic on Prolotherapy
- Ehlers Danlos: https://www.ehlers-danlos.com/what-is-eds/
- Colby’s Site: http://www.colbypearce.com/
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram: @cyclinginalignment
- Twitter: @cyclinginalign_
- Facebook: Cycling in Alignment